DR. DAMON PADGETT
DAMON PADGETT, DVM, Practice Owner
What do you want to be when you grow up? I can still remember being asked that question at a very young age, probably around 5 or 6 years old, and responding quickly with a resounding, I want to be an animal doctor! From the moment I was able to crawl, I have always been fascinated by animals from the smallest creepy crawly’s to the largest ones at the zoo.
I do not think I fully realized what it meant to take care of an animal until my dad brought home a baby squirrel that had fallen out of the nest into the middle of the road. I was eight years old and can remember it like it was yesterday. After many sleepless nights of feeding him every 2 hours and treating a wound on his tail, I finally had an appreciation for caring for an animal…and I loved every minute of it! It was in that moment that I realized my true calling.
My first real experience with a veterinarian was working as a kennel assistant in high school for a local small animal veterinarian. I was fascinated at how she was able to diagnose a dog or cat’s problem without the patient being able to tell her what was wrong. Simply amazing.
I grew up helping out on the family farm in Lexington, SC where my grandfather, my uncle and my dad raised a commercial chicken flock and beef cows. So naturally when I graduated from Clemson University in the Animal Science program, I thought I would become a large animal or a chicken vet. The Good Lord had a different plan and once I was accepted into Tuskegee University‘s School of Veterinary Medicine, His path became clearer. My fascination for companion animals that started in high school at the small animal clinic became my passion. I could see how strong the bond between people and pets could be. To be able to be a part of that and offer healing was extremely rewarding to me.
I am incredibly blessed to go to work every day and do what I love, caring for pets and their families.
OTHER STAFF MEMBERS
- Hometown: Knoxville, TN
- Previous Studies: Began the veterinary technology program at Oklahoma State and graduated from Trident Tech with associates degree in Veterinary Technology. Fear Free Certified
- Special Interests: Canine and Feline Nutrition
- Pets at home: A doberman named Chance and a lab mix named Maley
- Hometown: Charleston, SC
- Previous Studies: B.A. in Sociology from Winthrop University
- Special Interests: Canine communication and International pet travel
- Pets at home: Baylee (black lab), Ogie (sphynx cat), and Hannibal and Clarice (bearded dragons)
- Hometown: Charlotte, NC
- Special Interests: Customer Care
- Pets at home: A terrier mix named Ana and a lab named Jet.
- Hometown: Ridgeland, SC
- Previous Studies: Associates degree in Veterinary Technology from Tri-County Technical College
- Special Interests: Fear Free Certified, Anesthesia and Analgesia and Dentistry
- Pets at home: Quimby, yellow Lab
- Hometown: Roxboro, NC
- Previous Studies: B.S. in Biology with minors in Neuroscience and Psychology from UNC Wilmington
- Special Interests: Veterinary Medicine
- Pets at home: Jackson, a Jack Russell Terrier
- Hometown: Chichester, England
- Previous Studies: B.S. in marine biology from the College of Charleston; associate’s in veterinary technology in progress
- Special Interests: Critical care, Fear Free certification
- Pets at home: Mabel Mae, Weimaraner